When people talk about the American Dreams, they usually mean having the opportunity to earn a decent living and most importantly, own property. Yes, having a place to call home, to call your own is very important, but building this life is also about having the peace of mind that your family and your valuables are all safe inside this home.
With that said, Hikvision home security is a major industry that can provide that very peace of mind.
It helps to understand how these home security concerns are warranted. Is it just paranoia? Are home owners just a little preoccupied with declining home value? Are these dangers real?
The most recent data would certainly argue that it is better to be cautious than to overlook home security, no matter how you feel about the issue. Besides, there is more to home security than just burglary and preserving home values.
House fires are a very real threat in many parts of North America. In the United States, for example:
- There is a house fire reported every 20 seconds, on average.
- House fires, in the US, are the third leading cause of fatal injury in the home.
- In the United States, fires kill more people every year than all other natural disasters combined.
- Nearly 40 percent of residential fires and up to 52 percent of residential fatalities due to fire occur in homes not equipped with smoke detectors/alarms.
- Approximately two-thirds of all fire-related deaths in the home between 2005 and 2009 occurred in homes not equipped with a working smoke alarm.
You cannot examine home security data without looking at the numbers on burglaries. Here are some cold hard facts on burglary (in the United States):
- More than 65 percent of all burglaries occur in residentially-zoned buildings
- On average, a burglary is reported every 14.5 seconds
- Most burglaries happen during the day (between 10am and 3pm), generally because there is actually a lower risk for encounter;
- And yet, in a shocking 60 percent of burglaries, a resident is home
- Most burglars gain access to a home via back door, front door, or first floor windows
- Guns are used in only about 8 percent of robberies (according to crime statistics from the FBI)
- Only 13 percent of all burglaries reported to the police are solved
- Furthermore, only 15 percent of property lost during a burglary is ever recovered